Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fuse Box Capacity?

Revenge of the electrons? I thought I saw that
movie a couple decades ago. Bunch of light
weight, highly charged college kids who rigged
up cameras so they could watch the protons in
the shower?

I sense the Society for Prevention of Ubuse of
Electrons will get involved soon. Those SPUE
guys were mentioned in the Bible. Something about
thou art luke warm, neither hot nor cold, so I
SPUE thee out.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

If you try to suck 20 amps of electricity through a 14 gauge
wire, many of the electrons crash and burn when they hit the
walls of the wire which is why too small a wire for the
current
requirements gets hot and the voltage drops because of all
the
upset electrons seeing their brothers die when they wreck. A
lot fewer electrons will come out the other end of the wire.
If you try to pull too much current through a really small
wire,
all of the electrons crashing into the walls of the wire can
get
it so hot that it will actually melt and burn in two. You're
left with a lot of electrons looking for revenge which is
why
more electrocutions happen to people who abuse wiring and
the
cute little electrons who just want to go to work. Be kind
your wiring and the electrons traveling through it. ^_^

TDD