Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Meat Plow[_5_] Meat Plow[_5_] is offline

Default Recommendation for electronics forums?

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 05:09:04 +0000, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

David Nebenzahl wrote:
I'm looking for an online electronics forum (web-based) where I can
post some questions.

Get a ham license. Then you can find people who actively design and
build things, like to talk about them and would gladly help you.

Not quite a web forum, but more personal.

Geoff.

Just renewed my ticket for the 2nd time. You might find a few hams that
dabble in design but only because that's what they do for a living.

The best way to learn besides OTJ training is to read. There isn't a day
that passes that I don't read out of some old school books containing
fundamental electronics. You need to understand why electronics work,
and some mathematics involving calculating loads, current, power sine
waves etc...first. I did it ass-backwards learning on the bench first
using test equipment without knowing much about the fundamentals.

--
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse