Posted to rec.woodworking
Marty[_7_] Marty[_7_] is offline

Default Nuclear Reactor Problems

Yeah, Right, here in Vermont all alternative power (solar, wind)
are first built with grants from state and federal governments.
Then to top if off the local utilities are required (not optional)
to purchase this power at 3 cent per KWH over the rates charged for
power from other sources (hydro and Nuke).

If the solar and wind sources have a business model that depends
upon government to build the systems and surcharges over the going
wholesale rate for power they are doomed to failure.

Marty

On 3/17/2011 4:02 PM, Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article9uidnW7sGfDNmh_QnZ2dnUVZ5tadnZ2d@giganews. com,
wrote:

I think California should shut down all nuclear facilities and go back to
conventional ways of generating elecricity. I suspect it is only a matter
of time before this polution cutter will bite you in the ass like all of the
others have. California seems to believe it can live in a cleaner
environment than the rest of the country but obviousely cannot afford or
engeneer methods support those wishes.

We're working on it. Wind, solar, geothermal. All under development.
All clean. All using free fuel.

Check out http://nanosolar.com/, not 20 miles from where I live.
They're heading towards $1/watt capacity which makes solar competitive
with any other power source.