Posted to uk.comp.os.linux,uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Chosing a new PC

Just thinking out loud. It's a little like a guy I knew who had a Lotus
Esprite,

Oi!, it's Esprit.. Had to sell mine, couldn't fit in it with the advancing
years and waist measurement let alone the height...

he was worried about whether to buy the sticky-but-short-lived
tyres, or the not-so-sticky-but-longer-lived ones. Since he only drove
it at weekends, he would probably never get through the first set. QED.

Dunno .. If you used them like you could you'd get thru them..

Haven't seen one of these of any variant around on the roads for quite some
time now. I suppose people are preserving them and don't want to risk them
being damaged as they didn't hold together all that well in crashes..

Let alone the olde Colin Chapman adage that,

"If it hangs together for more than the one race .. we've built it too well"

--
Tony Sayer