Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name

Default Humax Foxsat HDR box

On 20 Mar,
Peter Scott wrote:

There's only one HDMI and no component sockets. Assuming you want to use
HDMI for two sets why not get an HDMI splitter box from the likes of
CPC? Even with bog standard leads you can run quite a way with HDMI.
I've use a 10m lead but you should be able to go up to 15m.

I've just tried that on my Foxsat HDR to feed my widescreen monitor. It
doesn't work, presumably the HDCP stops it. The lead alone (10m) works fine.
If I plug in only one lead into the splitter it works fine. I'm wondering if
one (if so which one?) of the more expensive splitters would work, or is
there a switch available?

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply