Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Recommendation for electronics forums?

David Nebenzahl wrote:

I agree, not a very good piece of advice.

It's the difference between learning to ride a bicycle by going to a riding
club versus sitting on stools and moving your feet.

(first told to me in the 1960's to describe programing classes that had
no access to a computer).

Sorry, but IMHO the level of expertise and education you will get on a web
forum is pretty low.

Why not get your education from people who actually use the things and follow
an almost 100 year tradition of educating newcomers? In my experience the
engineers who did it "for a job" were boring and uninventive, the passionate
ones were hams.

The amount of effort is nothing like it used to be, you can earn a ham
license in a weekend. You just need to answer 75% of 50 multiple choice
questions corrent about basic electronics, radio theory and law. No
morse code. No circuit drawings, etc.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.