Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
justme[_2_] justme[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone know anything about power steering on a backhoe?

I have a IH-3400A backhoe in decent condition but the power steering
has gone out. It started failing by working intermittently and now,
it is completely gone. Yes, it has fluid. Sometimes the steering
wheel will turn if you put a great about of force on it and the front
tires will turn. At other times, the steering wheel will easily turn
but not front wheel action.

I do have a limited service manual for the machine showing the flow
for the steering. I was thinking of getting a 0 to 4500 p.s.i. gauge
and working down the line to see where I am not getting pressure but I
don't know what I am doing.

Any ideas that don't cost an arm and a leg?

Thanks

Joe