Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT Unfunded liabilities and bad projections (was OT Wisconsin public workers)

Bob F wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Robert Green wrote:

California is to our
food chain what the ocean is to Japan. I believe the revolts we're
seeing in Arabia are more about the rising cost of food than
politics.

Correct. The top agricultural products of California a

* Tree nuts - $3.1 billion
* Fruits & fruit products - $3 billion
* Vegetables - $2 billion
* Dairy - $838 million

It is not for nothing that California is known as "The land of fruits
and nuts."

There you go with erronious data. The largest cash crop of California
is pot. (13.8 B)

http://www.drugscience.org/Archive/bcr2/cashcrops.html

So much for "the land of fruits and nuts". :-)

Think maybe we ought to legalize and tax it?

You may be correct - I was referring ('though I didn't say so) to exports.

As to "legalizing and taxing," I've often thought that would be a good idea
for killing someone I didn't like. I suppose a modest fine would be
equivalent to a tax...