Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Odell Nick Odell is offline

Default cleaning scratchy [electronics] pots / switches

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 12:07:34 +0000, The Other Mike
wrote:

For reference a major component of Servisol 'switch cleaner' is
petroleum distillate, a major component of WD40 is...petroleum
distillate. Of course petroleum distillate can cover a whole range of
products but you get the idea

Erme - anyone else abandoned the insulator element and the switch
cleaner element and gone straight over the the main ingredient,
petroleum distillate?

I'd run out of switch cleaner and rather than run out for switch
cleaner, I squirted some lighter fuel into some scratchy pots instead.
All the usual gunge dissolved out and the pots worked fine afterwards.

Nick