Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Weak points of Harbor Freight DMMs

On 2011-03-19, Nate wrote:

Really? Craftsman screwdrivers I consider consumables, although I do
have to admit to abusing them (using them to disassemble rusty old cars)

If you mean using them as pry-bars, well yeah.

Nope, just loosening tight/rusted screws. The tips on the flat blade
screwdrivers tend to twist when subjected to high torque, and the
Phillips ones just tend to get munged up.

QC ain't great either; I bought a set of Torx drivers a couple years ago
and the handle on one twisted off on the first or second screw I used it
on (not that tight either, I was disassembling a Carter carburetor.)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel