Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob[_4_] notbob[_4_] is offline

Default Weak points of Harbor Freight DMMs

On 2011-03-19, Nate Nagel wrote:

Really? Craftsman screwdrivers I consider consumables, although I do
have to admit to abusing them (using them to disassemble rusty old cars)

If you mean using them as pry-bars, well yeah.

I don't know about lately. I haven't bought a Craftsman anything in
years. That rollaway I bought wuz 25 yrs ago and it's still going
strong. I recall liking those old Craftsman screwdriver sets cuz they
had good handles, the tips never rounded, and the larger flat-blades
had square shafts, handy for putting a wrench on, when necessary. I
still have one. They may be junk, now.

Also, a home DIY is not a professional, where time is money. I caved
about 10 yrs ago and bought some Craftsman deep sockets that were on
deep sale, too cheap to pass up. But I'm retired, so rarely use/abuse
tools like I used to. They're good enough for home use.

nb