Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default OT Unfunded liabilities and bad projections (was OT Wisconsin public workers)

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 09:57:14 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

One way to control SS is to control where the money goes. Most of us think
of it as retirement, but plenty of children, disabled, and others under
"retirement" age are getting checks. Sure, some would starve without them,
but I have to wonder how many are not legitimate or should be funded some
other way.

I've wondered about that myself.
Used to stay a couple weeks at a rented timeshare at St. Pete beach
for vacation.
Got to talking with some timeshare owners from Georgia down there.
Husband and wife, younger than me. Drove new expensive cars.
They seemed healthy enough to me. Moved well.
Both were on SS disability.
But you never know, so I can't judge that. Made me wonder though.
Doesn't help to see these lawyer ads on TV all the time selling how
they'll get you on SS disability.
I've always wondered why the gov doesn't spend more on fraud
investigation. Bet that staff is a huge profit center.

--Vic