Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Weak points of Harbor Freight DMMs

On 2011-03-17, JIMMIE wrote:

bad almost as quickly as the cheap ones.

That does no jive with my firsthand experience. *When I was
maintaining them, we had 2 failures out of 200 meters over a 4 yr
period. *I suppose Fluke quality may have gone down in the last 15
yrs, but I find it hard to believe Flukes are now failing as often as
cheapo meters. *Sorry, but I just don't believe you.

nb

But even if the el-cheapos fail 5 x as often as Flukes, the Flukes are
more expensive on a yearly basis because they cost way more than 5x an
el-cheapo. My HF el-cheapos have held up just fine, and I don't have
to worry when I use them aboutmishandling them and seeing $$$ go down
the drain.