Posted to alt.home.repair
larry moe 'n curly larry moe 'n curly is offline

Default Weak points of Harbor Freight DMMs

The meter probes attach to a small, narrow circuit board that's
connected to the main board only through solder blobs, and that solder
may eventually crack from mechanical stress. So I bridged that solder
with short segments of solid copper wire.

One of the meter tips pulled out easily when I stuck it into a 120VAC
outlet (GFCI protected) but has been very secure ever since I pressed
it back in. Meter accuracy was very good on DC volts and ohms.

The LCD is slightly better than my Fluke 73's and has a wider viewing
angle, either horizontally or vertically.