Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Meat Plow[_5_] Meat Plow[_5_] is offline

Default motherboard RAM failures

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:22:43 -0700, Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
Meat Plow wrote:

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 19:21:33 -0700, Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
Meat Plow wrote:

I'd switch to Asus.

Not my call.

Been using Asus for more than a decade. Besides Super Micro, best
boards I've ever owned and I've used dozens or more building OEM
machines.

MSI is cheap board, just pulled one out of a 3 year old eMachine and
replaced it with an Asus.

That's my call from 15 years of building experience.

All right, two votes for Asus. I'll suggest them to my customer, but I'm
going to have to be pretty gentle about it. Not all my customers welcome
design/engineering (or in this case parts specification) suggestions
from me. I'm just supposed to be the stupid guy who does what he's told.

Hmmmm... I never had customers who didn't go with my hardware
suggestions. If they opposed my suggestions there simply were asked to go
elsewhere. I've been asked to build with the customer's hardware on a few
occasions, usually a friend of a friend. I made it very clear I would not
stand behind what I though were inferior products and they should have
consulted me prior to making purchases. I'm not insensitive to your
situation, I've been there.

--
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse