Posted to uk.comp.os.linux,uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Chosing a new PC

In article , Daniel James
scribeth thus
In article , Phil Addison
wrote:
I'd suggest that (say) a Seasonic 330W PSU would be much better
choice, it's one of the few really well made PSUs that has a
sensible power output.

Thanks for the reccomendations

FWIW I have a Seasonic 330W PSU in a system with an (older model, socket
AM2) Athlon X2 4200+ EE in an Asus M2NPV-VM uATX motherboard (with
onboard nVidia graphics) with 6GB or RAM. The whole system with a
vanilla DVD drive and a single SATA HDD draws a little over 65W at the
mains when idle. 330W is really too much ...

Cheers,
Daniel.

Won't harm 'tho will it. I have noticed that overrated PSU's seem to
last that bit longer .. in fact a lot longer;!..

Q.. If your PC seems to be drawing just 65 watts why do you think makers
do them in the Hundreds of watts range?..

--
Tony Sayer