Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Power Deregulation - any feedback about third party suppliers?

wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 02:26:01 -0400, "Robert Green"

stuff snipped

Republicans should remember that they really only have control over the
lower house of one branch of government and an occasional majority on the
Supreme Court. That's not carte blanche to strangle the Federal
government. I am betting once they do shrink the government, it will
deflate the overall recovery by throwing an estimated 700,000 people out

of
work. There's extremely clear evidence the longer you're out of work,

the
less likely you are to find a job - ever. Like the demise of GM, that's
something that's NOT good for us in the long run. But there seems to be
absolutely no business that shows an interest in long term planning of

any
kind. It's just "what's our current stock price and how can we boost

it?"

You make a few good points BUT - most of this is NOT LABOUR RELATED so
much as political in nature.
As long as you have two diametrically opposed and inflexible political
parties involved in every aspect of American life, you will have
conflict in every aspect of American life.

Well, at least I got credit for a few points. That's better than I am doing
in other threads! (-:

How does Canada avoid what seems to be the inevitable total polarization of
a two party system? I believe the two party system works better than some
governments I've seen with a whole menagerie of different parties and
governments that seem to dissolve every other month. As you might have
seen, adding a third party (Tea) to the mix here in the US hasn't seemed to
calm the waters at all.

Conflict doesn't HAVE to be the only output of a two party system. Once
upon a time, we were able forge compromises and maintain some forward
motion.

--
Bobby G.