Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Nuclear Reactor Design Caused GE Scientist To Quit In Protest

"DGDevin" wrote in message
"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message

Which they are reporting this morning was caused by *human error*. The
knucklehead in charge of keeping the generator running got distracted
and it ran out of deisel. Generator stops. . . pumps stop. . .

My car tells me when it's running low on gas, but a nuclear power plant
doesn't alert the crew when the backup generators are low on fuel, and you
you don't figure that's a design problem?

That's exactly what I was thinking. ANY process that could lead to disaster
(like low fuel) better damn well have some sort of "Empty" indicator
screaming like a banshee when a meltdown is imminent. From what I've read,
they have no cameras, only readings from gauges, to tell them what it going
on. That's not giving me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

--
Bobby G.