Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default bathroom demo- remodel for old 50 year old home- insulation question

"KOS" wrote in message
On Mar 17, 5:26 pm, Paul Franklin
wrote:
On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 14:01:02 -0700 (PDT), KOS

wrote:
hi, i am demoing my bathroom in my 50 year old house... do I need to
insulate the walls before the sheetrock goes in? or is this just for
sound? thanks

You will want to insulate exterior walls (meaning the other side of
the wall is the outside of the house) for sure, with a proper vapor
barrier. Interior walls it's your choice. Regular insulation will
help a little with blocking sound, ll HTH,

Paul

i did notice some old insulation on the exterior walls..this is 50
years old.. should i remove that and install new one? i imagine so .
thanks

Yeah, pull it out, it will be about R2 or less.