Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Voltage vs. current in an incandescant..

On Mar 17, 2:48*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Josepi wrote:

Digital meters are not good for indicating fast changing signals.

They can be 50% out at times.

* *What kind of crap do you use?

I have before me an audio oscillator tagged "Do Not Remove From Area
51" and an analog multimeter set on 15VAC. Down to 20Hz the needle is
stable at 10VAC. At 10Hz it wobbles about a volt, ~2V at 5Hz, and
below 3Hz it goes crazy, swinging nearly full scale. Below 1.5Hz it
makes a noise when the needle bangs into the stop.

On DC, swinging from 0 to 4V at 0.1Hz, the response falls off fast
above 1Hz and 10Hz looks like 2VDC with a slight wiggle.

It's so old it uses 709 op amps, and it doesn't have a front panel DC
offset control, just a small trim in back.

jsw