Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default Entire nuke plant abandoned, too hot to work.

On 2011-03-16, F George

http://my.firedoglake.com/kirkmurphy...to-catch-fire/

Everyone should read that article!

What I haven't seen is that when they catch fire it is a Metal fire.
The fire is so hot that it will break down water to grab the oxygen and
release free hydrogen that is where the free hydrogen is coming from
and with all the free hydrogen coming out of the reactors you can be
sure the rods are on fire. The same thing will happen with any metal
fire, Titanium, magnesium, and a bunch of other metals.

I think so. Me and my kids tried to pour water on burning magnesium,
it is fun to watch (but you need to wear safety glasses or a shield).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kVh4NQ7geg

Same is with the nuclear fuel rod cladding.

Oh, come on! Do you really believe this? Can you tell us exactly where
you got this information?

Thanks,
Rich