Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Japan Nuclear Problem

The Natural Philosopher gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

More people died in 911 ... than have EVER died as a result of nuclear
power.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster

Estimates of the total number of deaths attributable to the accident
vary enormously, from possibly 4,000 to close to a million.[4][5]

Well yes, we are all going to die eventually, and of course it it is
from cancer, it must be because of Chernobyl, right?

Ah, now it all depends on the credibility of those sources, doesn't it?

[4] ^ a b "IAEA Report". In Focus: Chernobyl. Archived from the original
on 2007-12-17. http://web.archive.org/web/20071217112720/http://
http://www.iaea.org/NewsCenter/Focus...yl/index.shtml. Retrieved
2006-03-29.
[5] ^ a b Alexey V. Yablokov; Vassily B. Nesterenko; Alexey V. Nesterenko
(2009). Chernobyl: Consequences of the Catastrophe for People and the
Environment (Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences) (paperback ed.).
Wiley-Blackwell. ISBN 978-1573317573.

You'll excuse me for finding the IAEA & the New York Academy of Sciences
a little more credible than "some bloke on a newsgroup"? (BTW, yes, I
will readily agree that I haven't actually followed up the references)