Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Japan Nuclear Problem

Adrian wrote:
The Natural Philosopher gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

More people died in 911 ... than have EVER died as a result of nuclear
power.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster

Estimates of the total number of deaths attributable to the accident vary
enormously, from possibly 4,000 to close to a million.[4][5]

Well yes, we are all going to die eventually, and of course it it is
from cancer, it must be because of Chernobyl, right?

In the same way that all the people that die in Iraq have done so
because of 911, right?

When it comes down to hot issues, wiki is taken out by die hard axe
grinders. I wont use it for info on alternative energy or nuclear power,
without checking the facts independently.

IIRC 56 people beyond a shadow of a doubt died from radiation poisoning.

4000 people got thyroid cancer, but are still alive.

|The rest is total guess work. Id say perhaps 500 deaths directly from
cancers or birth defects. beyond that it tails into the noise.
..