Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Japan Nuclear Problem

On 17/03/2011 09:32, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insertmysurnamehere wrote in message
On 17/03/2011 01:02, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article ,
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insertmysurnamehere wrote in message
news On 16/03/2011 17:25, harry wrote:
It was the tsunami really f***d things up. We have had tsunamis in
the
UK. We have nuclear power stations on the coast. too. Don't
think it
couldn't happen here.

So what? If we build more stations they will be third generation
and will not need the generators that were the critical things
destroyed by the tsunami.

This man is barking mad.

Errm, could you kindly explain why? I don't see it myself.

"We have nuclear power stations on the coast. too. Don't think it
couldn't happen here." He replies: "So what?"

Clearly barking.

Perhaps, instead of waving your hands in the air and shouting we are
all doomed,

I am not saying we are all doomed. I am advocating an international body
to control all this with planning permission and building regs attached.

Do you think such a body would have required greater precautions than
the Japanese put in place? If so, please justify that claim with facts
that would have been known at the time it was built.

I note you feel unable to answer my question about exactly what you
think would happen to a UK plant if hit by a tsunami or tidal surge.

Colin Bignell