Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Japan Nuclear Problem

On 16/03/2011 23:20, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insertmysurnamehere wrote in message
news
On 16/03/2011 17:25, harry wrote:
It was the tsunami really f***d things up. We have had tsunamis in the
UK. We have nuclear power stations on the coast. too. Don't think it
couldn't happen here.

So what? If we build more stations they will be third generation and

will not need the generators that were the critical things destroyed
by the tsunami.

This man is barking mad.

Errm, could you kindly explain why? I don't see it myself.

It is because, as I have, in another thread, given figures that clearly
show nuclear power to be the safest method of power generation by far
and pointed out that a more modern design would not have had the same
problems as the plant in Japan, it is the only response he has left.

Colin Bignell