Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Japan Nuclear Problem

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 14:37:52 -0700, Jim K wrote:

On Mar 16, 9:35 pm, Andy Champ wrote:
On 16/03/2011 13:24, wrote:

IMHO, a better way to fix it, now it seems to have got completely out
of hand, thanks to the usual 'incompetence of engineers' who designed
emergency systems that don't work in an emergency, would be:

1. Get everybody out of the plant, tell all local residents to stay
inside and close the windows, 'Protect and Survive' stylee (much
better than the daft policy of evacuating the surrounding area, which
is going to cause major problems with housing evacuees)

2. Induce intentional meltdowns in all reactors, by
precision-bombing them from the air, so that the cooling systems are
completely smashed and all coolant escapes. This would cause the fuel
to melt down into the layer of graphite provided beneath the reactors
for just this scenario, you then monitor the situation from the air
with thermal cameras etc.

3. Once the graphite has absorbed all the fuel, you really let the
site have it with large bombs, so that the graphite layer is buried
under rubble and displaced soil etc.

4. Finally you finish the job by sending men and machines in, with
appropriate NBC precautions, to entomb the whole thing in concrete.

I've read this through and I find myself completely unable to decide if
this is a spoof of some sort - or you really mean it.

Andy

+1
check his profile......

Jim K

What 'profile'? Do you mean Google Groups? Most of us don't use it...

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org