Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default 120V between Neutral and Ground

"Aaron" wrote in message
I have been trying to trace down where a circuit starts showing
voltage between my ground wire and neutral wire. I found the a
receptacle on the circuit that is correct where the neutral and ground
show 0V, and then a box which I believe is the next receptacle that
shows 120V between the ground and neutral. I have looked in both
boxes and everything looks correct.

1st Box
H-N = 120V
H-G = 120V
N-G = 0V

2nd Box
H-N = 120V
H-G = 0V
N-G = 120V

What can cause the above scenario. A short? A broken wire?
Also, is this dangerous? I think it has been like this for awhile.

Maybe the white and black wires have been reversed between the first and
second receptacles.There maybe some other junction between these outlets.
It's not an open or short. You have proper voltage at both receptacles