Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default Nuclear power plant explodes

jim wrote:
"Steve W." wrote:

No they just place the areas where the material is off limits or declare
it a national reserve and lock it away.

That may be, but extracting it from the ground
and consuming at a much faster rate
would have accomplished exactly what?

1. Reduce dependence on Islamist countries' oil.
2. Keep the cost of gasoline below $4.00 (going on 5)/gallon.
3. Let the corn farmers actually produce food, rather than have their
resources diverted to pie-in-the-sky schemes for "ethanol."
4. Remove the necessity for the astronomical government subsidies (paid for
out of your pocket, unless you evade your taxes) needed to create the
illusion that solar and wind are viable.
5. Employ a lot of people who build and operate the rigs and refineries.

OK, that's all I have so off the top of my head - anybody else want to chime
in on this one?

Thanks,
Rich