Posted to uk.comp.os.linux,uk.d-i-y
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Chosing a new PC

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011, Ron Lowe wrote:

Again, with video in mind, I'd suggest a monitor that has native
1920x1080 for proper HD support. I'm using an iiyama one that was
reasonably priced.

We have 26" Iiyamas at work. I think we got them because they were the
cheapest, but they're really very nice.

My only complaint is that something somewhere in the software stack on
Fedora 14 can't tell a lowercase l from an uppercase I, and thinks the
manufacturer is called Liyama [1].

tom

[1] Unless that's coming over DCC or something, but i would have thought
that the manufacturer would be able to spell their own name right.

--
The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures
the disease. -- Voltaire