Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A couple of Hellfires ......... mebbe some A10 chain cannon runs ......

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Why are people so cruel" wrote in message
pond.com...

What comes first? The demand for the drug or the supply of the drug?

Relaxed morals...if in fact using drugs has a moral element. I think the
question
is
"What is the attraction to drugs?" Is it ingrained into the human psyche? Why
weren't humans designed better? (Especially in the lower back area, pancreas,
knees,
eyes and hail loss.)

As I noted, the more general demand for "something to distract me
from my pathetic life" of course has existed as long as sentient life
has existed. This distraction takes many forms, good food, sports, sex,
music, drugs, etc. and for pretty much any distraction from your
pathetic life, there is some self proclaimed prophet or the like who
will claim it's somehow immoral. The only immoral thing is the person
trying to impose their beliefs on others.

********************

How does one KNOW they have a pathetic life? Some of the happiest people I've ever
met were dirt poor and I've known some very unhappy rich people. I know these are
philosophical things that just can't be answered but it's brain candy to ponder.
Throughout history laws and social acceptability have been in a state of flux for
the
use of what we call drugs. I'll go back to the premise that humans are flawed and
there is a propensity to "distract", like you say. So, is there a solution to
substance abuse? Probably not a panacea but as many solutions as there are people.
think the biggest part of the drug situation isn't the users, it's the lust for the
money involved...an even more basic human flaw.

Realize that the money involved in drugs only comes about when someone
tries to ban them and thus increases cost and demand. It's pretty clear
that if marijuana was legal it would have essentially no "street value",
and people would simply grow it on their windowsill like catnip from a
$0.25 packet of seeds from Wal Mart.

Chia-Pot!