Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Civil defense yellow radiation detector

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 07:21:27 -0600, "Pete C."
wrote:

Ignoramus1540 wrote:

I have something that is a yellow steel box, called a civil defense
radiation detector.

http://www.radmeters4u.com/cdv715-new.jpg

I only have the yellow box.

No matter what I do, I cannot zero the thing. The needle goes all the
way to the right to Circuit Check. Does anyone know how to fix that.

I fully realize that the meter has an inappropriate range. So if you
feel like pointing it out, I know that already.

Does it have the separate probe and the little radioactive test patch
stuck to the side of the box?

An op/maint manual for Ig, with schematics:
http://www.orau.org/ptp/Library/cdv/victor717-1.pdf

--
Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises.
-- Demosthenes