Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Marshall JCM 2000, 1998

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote in message

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Marshall replacement £46 , same duff construction as this one?

I would expect it to probably be a ringer for what was already in there.

If
the amp is really from 1998, then duff construction or not, it ain't done
bad, and if the new one does another 13 years, it's not going to come
back
on you, is it ? And, if in the intervening 13 years since it was made,
Marshall have had a lot of them fail, then maybe they've taken this up

with
Dagnell, and got them to improve the situation ? I would stop agonising

over
it, and just stick the new one in, and write out the hundred quid bill
for
the owner ...

Arfa

What is the point of CE "compliance" testing etc if 2 layers of lacquer to
resist 120V av . At one time, before CE marking, all these Tx tails had
extra sleeving over them to avoid this problem.

What indeed? agreed. Unfortunately, that's just the world that we live in
now. Long ago, I gave up trying to change the situation, got over it, and
just got on with making a living ...

Put the new tranny in, write up the bill, and move on to the next one :-)

Arfa