Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus11979 Ignoramus11979 is offline

Default Panic Selling on the Nikkei

On 2011-03-15, lid wrote:

Nikkei closed down 10.55 % on panic selling.

The Nikkei fell as much as 14 percent at one stage, before closing
down 10.5 percent, its biggest percentage fall since October 2008
during the height of the financial crisis.

Hopefully all those flimsy derivative instruments don't start a "china
syndrome" meltdown of the world's financial system.

But I needn't worry: technocrats seem to have a good handle on the
problems of the entire world.....and they seem to be able to make them
much worse with a flick of a switch every time. Wake me up when it's
safe to breath again please.

An which technocrat put the diesel back-up generators at Fukushima at
ground level where they could suck up tsunami water shortly after
kicking on in the first place? And did he commit ritualistic suicide
yet as required by the Japanese Bushido code? Inquiring round eyed
guys want to know.

It is easy to be smart after the fact. Not so easy is to anticipate
everything.