Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default OTish - finding speculative builders for modernising a property.

The Night Tripper wrote:

The house is semi-detached BTW. I'm really not expecting anyone to
want to do development of the order people are talking about here,
just 'upgrading' to 'modern' standards. Though obviously it's not of
my choice...

What makes you think it won't sell to an end user? I think you are making a
very big mistake ruling that out.

As an example, I sold my late aunt's house for £250k on behalf of her
estate. The house next door, which was in excellent condition, had just sold
for £270k. My aunt's house needed around £50-70k spent on it to bring it up
to the same condition, as literally no money had been spent on the place
since 1945. So, a speculative builder would probably have offered us around
£200k. There were several keen buyers at £250k, and the new owner has been
steadily DIY'ing the place ever since he bought it. A win-win situation for
all concerned.