Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Miklos[_2_] Tony Miklos[_2_] is offline

Default OT (???) - I guess...well, it's wood. Maybe on topic. I dunnoreally.

On 3/14/2011 6:31 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Mar 14, 2:30 pm, wrote:
On 3/14/2011 3:05 PM, Red Green wrote:

I don't really have a Bucket List but visit Sequoia National Park/Giant
Forest and the like would probably top it. Hmmm, maybe I do have one.
[note: I'm not a tree hugger]

"Some human reactions to natural experiences are universal. The smile
elicited by seeing a new born child; the fear roused by suddenly
confronting a large predatory animal; or the absolute amazement and
wonder evoked when first seeing a Sierra redwood tree. It is the immense
size of these plants that both initially summons those emotions and is
most often the strongest memory. ..."

Indeed...

Last time was a Muir Woods was during a weekday and a bus load of junior
high kids unloaded in the parking lot a few minutes after we arrived.
Typical kids of that age, noisy and showing off between each other and
how disinterested

Constantly misused. "Uninterested" is what you want. Actually should
be "uninterestING".

No charge...g

Hmmmm. disinterested meaning 2. Having or feeling no interest in
something.

How would it be used in that context? I was never great in English
class, I was disinterested. ;-)