Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default Dead Sony KV-T25SZ8 TV

Sony tvs are notorious for being picky about spares. I dislike them
for that reason, as they usually get repair estimates rejected due to
cost grounds.And that's assuming spares availability...

I recently dumped a 25" CRT set (FE2 chassis I think) - shorted
horizontal output stage. Common fault with the chassis - the
transformer fails, killing the line o/p transistor and damages the
micro. Unless you replace the lot in one go, with genuine sony bits,
you're back to square one... plus the uPc is NLA and an awkward smd
type. Set was BER, a shame considering it was barely 8 years old.
-B