Posted to uk.comp.os.linux,uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Chosing a new PC

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:26:42 +0000
tony sayer wrote:

In article , scribeth
thus
In uk.comp.os.linux John Stumbles wrote:
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 00:16:58 +0000, John Stumbles wrote:

On that basis I'm thinking this one from Novatech might be OK
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/p...BB-6404GA.html
I note that it can do 8G RAM but only comes with 2, as 2*2G
modules using up both slots, so if I wanted more I'd have to see
if they'd do it at time of sale otherwise I'd be throwing away
the existing 2G modules to install 4G ones.

Just phoned Novatech. Useless fsckers won't sell me their box with
8G, I'd have to shell out c. £80 on 8G and throw away the 4G
supplied.

Just spoke to http://www.woc.co.uk who seem to start around the
£400 mark for anything like what I want :-(

Somebody mentioned Chillblast. Their "£799 or lower" category
wasn't encouraging.

Take a look at Lambdatek, their 'PC Designer' is how I have bought my
last two or three systems and has worked well for me:-

http://www.lambda-tek.com/computing/pcdesigner.htm

Odd lot them .. they just lost a sale here as they don't advertise a
phone number. Yep could have spent time writing it all in a mail but
a 3 minute phone call would have resulted in a £1500 odd sale..

It seems that you just assemble it online. Simple, I would think,
especially if you know what components you want.
--
Davey.