Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Boss TU-120 Electronic Tuner Schematic Roland LED Strobe Guitar Tuning

There is an 880Hz output, I think, as the chart in the back of the
Instructions booklet shows 880 as an A note with the selector switch in the
High Octave setting.

It's helpful that you brought this up, and although I'd looked at the chart
previously and noted the selections covering frequencies of 130.81 to
996.76, I hadn't made the connection.
This appears to be another example of RTFM.

If you've ever heard the radio comedy routine where people call in to ask
Mr. Obvious for advice, it's a funny version (although it's all scripted,
not real).
Mr. Obvious, I think I have a wild animal under my sink.. (questions,
replies).. oh, and there's a switch by my sink that doesn't seem to have any
purpose, doesn't turn on any lights, (more).

I'd considered connecting the older unit to the newer tuner, but I haven't
since I wasn't sure about the output from the Monitor jack of the older unit
being an overload for the input of the newer tuner.
When I saw the freq readings, I was convinced that the older unit needed
repaired.

--
Cheers,
WB

wrote in message

Does the questionable unit have an 880 setting? Can you cross-
reference the good unit to the questionable unit at any frequency?