Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Dividing head

I just habitually take AC line-powered gear apart whether it's new imported
stuff, or used equipment of any pedigree.

There appear to be fewer China bashing flag wavers around in RCM these days,
but I've often mentioned that it's not that the offshore sources Can't
produce any better quality of goods, but instead, it's just not required to
get average consumers to buy the crap goods (repeatedly).

I have a few very good quality assemblies that originated from China, but
it's not what I generally expect.

Some of us can remember the typical toy-quality goods from Japan in the
1950s, but then Japanese precision design/manufacturing surpassed many other
sources to become a world leader in quality.
I don't expect a great change like that to happen again, not for consumer
goods, at least.

--
WB

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

I opened my dozen HF multimeters to calibrate them and didn't see any
bad solder joints. A couple of under-counter fluorescent fixtures from
Lowe's were trash, though.

jsw