Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Night Tripper[_3_] The Night Tripper[_3_] is offline

Default OTish - finding speculative builders for modernising a property.

Hi All
my siblings and I are dealing with my late Father's estate, which
includes selling on the family home.

This is a largeish house with a fairly large garden, in decent condition but
in need of modernising. We'd all quite like to do this modernising work
ourselfs, but realistically it isn't going to happen.

I think the most likely buyer would be a building firm who would modernise
it and sell it on at a higher price. Given that, I was wondering whether the
standard estate agent route would be the best channel to try to sell it.

Are there other places such a firm of speculative builders might look? Or
are there ways in which we could find and approach such firms, to cut out
pointless advertising on the High Street?

Thanks for any suggestions. The house is in the North-West BTW.

Jon N