Posted to uk.d-i-y
sweetheart[_2_] sweetheart[_2_] is offline

Default Car Port

"Skipweasel" wrote in message
In article , "sweetheart"
says...
My husband . I want a place to keep the rain off my car ( and me) and we
have enough room down the side of the house if we move a small shed.

If you've only a small shed, the first thing he'll want to do is
colonise the car port.

Dont tell me about it. One of the reasons ( aside of its damp and needs
moving) I want to loose the shed is he has colonised it with loads of
rubbish ( you must know the kind - I throw out a useless vaccuum cleaner or
lawnmower that doesnt work and he retrieves them and puts them in there.
Its mostly used to put recyling bags in at the moment.

It also stops me being able to cut the hedge behind it and that grows until
it takes all the light from the house.

But he does have a 12ft square summer house and a 6ft by 8ft shed in the
back garden , as well as a brick built out house as a workshop ( not as he
does anything workshopie. It stores tools. Its lockable). So he rally does
not need this little store. I could easily have one of those outside
cubboards ( stores) to put the recycling in until its collected. he even has
my potting shed .

A car port would give me somewhere to keep the car and would keep the
outside of the house there dry.
Thanks for pointing the problem.