Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Dividing head

On Mar 13, 5:10*pm, "Wild_Bill" wrote:
I guess the one advantage to buying one of the HF/other Router Speed
Controls on sale is that the unit is already assembled*, cheaper than
building one from individual components.
Much of the hand-soldered and wave soldered thru-hole connections will be
even more suspect (crap quality) now, for nearly all consumer and commercial
products, since the lead-free solders are being used almost universally
(aviation and a few other industries are exempt).
WB

I opened my dozen HF multimeters to calibrate them and didn't see any
bad solder joints. A couple of under-counter fluorescent fixtures from
Lowe's were trash, though.

jsw