Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y,rec.food.cooking
Chris Wilson[_3_] Chris Wilson[_3_] is offline

Default Fruit Juicer for eye problem

John Rumm wrote in
o.uk:

The version I grew up with was the myth was promulgated to cover up
the fact that our air crews had magnetron powered radar sets.

Yup, I think that is closer to the truth - it was supposed to explain
why our pilots were so effective at finding incoming aircraft and hide
our progress on RADAR.

(whether this has anything to do with the role (if any) of carrots and
cataracts is another matter!)

Jimmy Rawnsley (scuse spelling I may be a little off) who was "Cats Eye"
Cunningham's radar operator/navigator throughout most of the war
specifically references that myth in his wartime biography of Wing
Commander Cunningham, "Night Fighter".

He also jokes about the vitamin pills they were issued, apparently most
aircrew saved them up for when they were going for a night out on the town
.... but nevertheless failed to have any appreciable effect if you know what
I mean. It's a bit like eating a plate of oysters before that "special
time", I've never known more than the first 7 to work ;-)

--

All the best,

Chris