Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Most reliable combi boiler 2011

Not untypical of local conditions. Add to that the fractured nature of
the rock round the seams, and now *in* the seams due to tunnel collapse,
and you'll see why the pits would be impossible to re-open.

I suspect that if it was wanted then they'd develop way to get it out
which I suppose will cost more then what it might have done otherwise.

So what is the percentage of UK coal reserves open cast available to
deep mined thats accessible?..

Some of the pits elsewhere that survived the closures are still
producing, and there's a bit of open cast that's getting to be worth
going for.

--
Tony Sayer