Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Fred Holder[_2_] Fred Holder[_2_] is offline

Default eliminator tool

On Mar 10, 8:42 am, "Kevin Cleary" wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone owns one of these tools and how they perform.

A number of people have described the Eliminator tool very well. The
inventor and maker of the tool is a friend of mine and I have one of
his first tools, before he put the second flat on the tool. As well as
a later one with both flats. It is an excellent endgrain hollowing
tool, but it can be used to turn bowls also. I found that one must be
careful when trying to make a straight sided box that it deep. The
taper at the end will give you a false feeling of where the cutter is.
I learned this while making my wife a box to hold her crochet needles,
I turned through the side about six inches down.

Fred Holder
http://www.morewoodturning.net