Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JB[_6_] JB[_6_] is offline

Default Shizuoka ST-N *before* retrofit work starts!

wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:08:08 -0000, "JB" wrote:

Photos:
http://www.jmbyrne.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/1a.html

Manual pages showing spec of motors and drives etc:
http://www.jmbyrne.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/1b.html

First job is to find a servo drive to test the motors. If all is well with
these, then I can move along......

JB

Man oh man.....that is a "brick sh**house" of a mill. Beautiful
machine with great potential after the rebuild.

Indeed. It does seem to hacked out of the solid! I do like overengineered
things. I ride a Moto Guzzi. Enough said.

You say your friend "gave" you that mill and it had only been used to
mill some plastics? That is a great friend, because that machine is a
real Cadillac.

Yp. He gave me the machine as it was just too large for his home garage. He
got it given to him by another guy on our motorcycle newsgroup who runs a
plastics laser cutting and fabrication company.

Please keep the pictures of your progress comming.

Will do. Servo testing next week. Then ripping out the old wiring/controls.
cheers,

JB