Posted to uk.d-i-y
sweetheart[_2_] sweetheart[_2_] is offline

Default Car Port

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
On 13/03/2011 14:37, sweetheart wrote:
Has anyone put up a car port?

Do you mean the sort that is cantilevered off the wall, with no ground
support?

Well, it looked to me from the picture as if it had a set of uprights on
thefar side and was fixed to the wall on the other. rather than being
catelevered but I am not sure, not having seen more than a picture in Garden
News.

They need to be fixed to 4 or 5 courses of good solid brickwork (not a
fascia) - so it's doubtful whether you'd have enough headroom with most
bungalows, unless it's fixed to an end gable. Even then, I think I'd be
worried about what would happen when it blows a gale.

Who would be fitting it - you or your energetic husband?

My husband . I want a place to keep the rain off my car ( and me) and we
have enough room down the side of the house if we move a small shed.