Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car Port

On 13/03/2011 14:37, sweetheart wrote:
Has anyone put up a car port?

I am thinking of one of those you see advertised in the magazines made
by Norfolk . Comes in sections and is plastic.
a) Is it very hard to do? ( we have a bungalow so it would have to be
attached to the fascia under the roof)

b) does it need planning permission?

Thanks.

Do you mean the sort that is cantilevered off the wall, with no ground
support?

They need to be fixed to 4 or 5 courses of good solid brickwork (not a
fascia) - so it's doubtful whether you'd have enough headroom with most
bungalows, unless it's fixed to an end gable. Even then, I think I'd be
worried about what would happen when it blows a gale.

Who would be fitting it - you or your energetic husband?
--
Cheers,
Roger