Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus858 Ignoramus858 is offline

Default Nuclear power plant explodes

On 2011-03-13, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 23:37:24 -0600, Ignoramus25538
wrote:

One more thing.

The building that was blown up IS the containment building.

The reactor is inside a containment vessel -- a steel pressure
vessel. The vessel is inside the building, which by now is collapsed.

I hope that I am mistaken about it.

Here's a good read.

http://allthingsnuclear.org/post/382...ushima-reactor

I saw lots of speculation there (the Union of Concerned Scientists is
anything BUT neutral) but not much meat. Where's the beef?

http://tinyurl.com/4uqqyot Check their other headlines. Who's leading
whom on? Libby AGWK anti-nuke "environmental campaign group" bastids.

I'll wait for Japan and the Fukishima crew to tell us the real deal
there.

As far as I can tell, no real news came overnight, just more of people
repeating each other.