Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Nuclear power plant explodes

On Mar 13, 12:19*am, "Tom Gardner" w@w wrote:
"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message

Thread should read an explosion at a Nuclear Power Plant.

If the plant exploded, not much would be left.

1. It was likely a Hydrogen gas explosion in the outer
* *containment building. *It has two domes.

The unit is in serious condition - The rods are dropped,
but loss of power and the emergency backup failed the
pool let off steam. *The outer dome was damaged in the
quake. *That is one issue.

2. the scary issue is they still don't have coolant water
* *and reverted to pumping sea water.
*That is a last level response as the salt does nothing good.

My understanding that with the salt water pumping the internal
temperature has dropped.

3. There isn't enough fuel to have a nuke explosion or implosion.

I expect detectors will pick up radiation of one sort or another
sometime this week on the west coast.

Martin

On 3/12/2011 2:49 AM, azotic wrote:
Holy crap!!!!!!!!